Monday, February 21, 2011

The Things Which Shaytan Flees From (PART 3)

1. When you say "A'oodhu billah minka, al'anuka bi l'anatillaah" [I seek refuge in Allah from you, I curse you with the curse of Allah] three times during the prayer.
Abu Darda' (ra) reports that "Allah's Messenger (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Salam) stood for prayer and we heard him saying, "I seek refuge in Allah from you".  Then he said, "I curse you with the curse of Allah"  three times.  At the same time, he was stretching out his hand, trying to grab hold of something.  When he finished his prayer we said to him: "O Messenger of Allah! We heard you say something in the prayer which we have never heard from you before and we saw you stretching out your hand".  He said, "That was the enemy of Allah, Iblees. He came with a flame of fire and tried to throw it in my face.  I said, "I seek refuge in Allah from you" three times and then (I said), "I curse you with the curse of Allah" three times and he did not hesitate.  Then I desired to capture him.  By Allah! If it had not been for the supplication of our brother (the Prophet) Sulaymaan, he would have been tied up and the children of             Madinah would have played about with him"". (Muslim).


In another hadeeth from 'Uthmaan bin Abul-Aas (ra) who said, "I said, "O Messenger of Allah! Shaytaan comes in between me and my prayer and my recitation, confusing me." He said, "That is a Shaytan called Khunzub. When you feel his presence, seek refuge in Allah from him and spit on your left three times."  I did as he said and Allah took that (distraction) away from me." 
(Muslim)

2.  When the servant finds something in his soul that concerns him and says "huwal-awwalu wal-aakhiru wadh-dhaahiru wal-baatinu wa huwa bi kulli shay'in 'aleem" [He is the First and the Last, the Outermost and the Innermost, and He has Knowledge of every single thing.]
Abu Zameel (ra) said, "I said to Ibn 'Abbas (ra), "What is this thing which I find in my soul?" - meaning doubt.  He said, "When you find something like that in your soul, then say, "He (Allah) is the First and the Last, the Outermost and the Innermost and He has knowledge of every single thing."" 
(Abu Dawood, al-Albaani declared it hasan in al-Kalim ut-Tayyib no.135).

3. When a calamity befalls you and you say "QadrAllahu wa ma sha' Allaahu fa'ala" [Allah has decreed (this) and He does whatever He wills].
Abu Hurayrah (ra) reports that Allah's Messenger (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Salam) said, "The strong believer is more loved by Allah than the weak believer, but in both there is good.  Be zealous for what will benefit you.  Seek help from Allah the Mighty and Majestic and do not become incapacitated.  If something afflicts you, do not say: "If only I had done such and such" but say, "Allah has decreed (this) and He does whatever He wills".  Indeed saying "if.." opens up the doorway of Shaytan's handiwork."
 (Muslim)

4. When you say "Bismillah, Allahumma janibna ash-Shaytaan wa janibish-Shaytaana maa razaqtna" {in the Name of Allah, O Allah! Make us distant from Shaytan and make Shaytan distant from what you bestow upon us".
Ibn 'Abbas (ra) reports that the Prophet (saw) said, "If one of you says, when approaching his wife (for intercourse): "In the Name of Allah. O Allah!  Make us distant from Shaytan and make Shaytan distant from what you bestow upon us" and offspring is decreed for you, Shaytan will never be able to harm it (i.e. the offspring)". (al-Bukhaari, Muslim).

No comments: