Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Things Which Shaytan Flees From (PART I)



1. When you say: La ilaha illAllaah - wahdahu laa shareeka lahu - lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu - wa huwa 'ala kulli shay'in qadeer.  [There is none worthy of worship except Allah alone.  He has no partners.  To Him belongs the Dominion, to Him belongs all praise and He is capable over all things] a hundred times a day.  
Abu Hurayrah (radiAllahu anhu) reported  that Allah's Messenger (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Salam) mentioned the above words and then said:  "He will receive the reward of setting free ten slaves, a hundred good deeds will be written for him and a hundred bad deeds will be erased from him.  It will be a sanctuary from Shaytaan for him on that day until he reaches the evening.  No one will come with something better except one who increases beyond that".
(Bukhari and Muslim)


2. Recitation of Ayaat ul-Kursi when you go to bed.
Abu Hurayrah (ra) reported that the Messenger (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Salam) put him in charge of guarding the zakaah of Ramadan and someone would come and take handfuls from the zakaah for two nights in succession. On the third night, he (Abu Hurayrah) grabbed him and said: "I will take you to Allaah's Messenger (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Salam)".  He (the thief) said: "Leave me alone and I will teach you some words by which Allah will benefit you".  He then said, "When you depart to go to your bed recite aayaat ul-Kursi until you complete it.  There wil never cease to be from Allah a guardian to protect you and Shaytaan will not approach you until you wake up".  When he explained this to Allaahs Messenger (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Salam), he said, "He has told you the truth althought he is a great liar".  
(al-Bukhaari).

3. When you spit on your left three times and seek refuge in Allah from the evil of what you see in a dream.
Abu Salamah bin 'Abdur-Rahman said: "I heard Abu Qataadah ibn Rab'iyy say: "I heard Allah's Messenger (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Salam) say, "The good dream is from Allah and the bad dream is from Shaytaan.  When one of you sees what he dislikes, let him spit on his left three times when he awakens and let him seek refuge in Allaah from its evil and then it will not harm him"".  Abu Salamah said, "I used to see in my dream that which would be more burdensome to me than a mountain and when I heard this hadeeth I considered it as nothing." In another narration he said, "I used to see in my dream which would make me concerned until I heard Abu Qataadah say: "I used to have dreams which would make me ill until I heard Allaah's Messenger (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Salam) say, "The righteous dream is from Allah.  If one of you sees what he loves then let him not inform anyone about it except one whom he loves.  And if he sees what he dislikes, let him not inform anyone about it.  Let him spit on his left three times and let him seek refuge in Allah from Shaytaan, the accursed from the evil of what he saw and it will not harm him.""

4. Upon saying, when leaving the house "Bismillah tawakaltu 'ala Allah, la hawla wa la quwata illaa bilLah" [In the Name of Allah, I place my trust upon Allah, There is no power nor movement except by Allah].
Anas (ra) reports that Allah's Messenger (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Salam) said, "Whoever says (when he leaves his house): "In the Name of Allah, I place my trust upon Allah, There is no power nor movement except by Allah" it is said to him: "You have been sufficed, you have been protected and you have been guided".  Then one of the devils turns to another and says, "How can you get to a man who has been sufficed, protected and guided". 
 (Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi, hasan saheeh).


Umm Salamah (ra) said, "Allaah's Messenger (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Salam) never left my house except that he raised his sight to the sky and said, "Allahumma innee a'oodhu bika an adil aw udal, aw azil aw uzal, aw azlima aw uslam, aw ajhal aw yujhal 'aleeyy (O Allah I seek refuge in you from leading others astray and being led astray, from causing others to slip and being made to slip, from oppressing others or being oppressed and from making others ignorant, and being kept ignorant.""
 (at-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood, an-Nasa'ee, Ibn Majah. at-Tirmidhi said "hasan saheeh", al-Albaani agreed with him in al-Kalim ut-Tayyib, no.59).

No comments: